Saturday, February 8, 2014

Dear TTTS, Thanks to you I feel like I'm achieving very little in my life. Regards Pete


At the moment, outside of supporting my family, I feel like I'm achieving very little in my life.

So here we are at 21 weeks, 4 days and 20 hours. Not that I'm starting to focus on gestation or anything! We are still only a small way in to the pregnancy and yet my wife has already had an operation that included Laser Ablation (laser treatment of the blood vessels between the twins), Septostomy (tearing of the dividing membrane between the twins) and amniotic fluid reduction. She has since needed another amniotic fluid reduction just 2 days ago, 3 weeks after her initial surgery.

This morning she woke up, at 5:45am, uncomfortable again and feeling nauseous. Within 30 minutes she was vomiting, Nanna had arrived to babysit and we were returning to hospital after being discharged yesterday. Halfway through the 20 minute drive she told me she felt a tightening in her belly. We got in and went straight to the Mother and Foetal Assessment Unit (MFAU) where she was physically ill again. Just 2 days after fluid reduction things were again looking bad.

She was given some nausea medication by the doctor until our treating doctor arrived. The twins have decided to move in to a horizontal position across my wife's belly which accounts for the discomfort. Whilst all our focus had been on how the pregnancy was causing my wife's symptoms it appears it had little to do with it. Gastro appears the to be culprit as I experienced some of its joys this afternoon. She has had to stay in overnight, my 12yo daughter is having a sleepover and with my 2yo daughter asleep the house feels empty again.

Today my planned productive day was dominated by the hospital trip/admission, looking after our 2yo daughter followed by housework and food shopping.

At the moment, outside of supporting my family, I feel like I'm achieving very little in my life.
At the moment, outside of supporting my family, I feel that there is little worth achieving.

No comments:

Post a Comment